Retirement Visa Renewal
- Applicant must be 50 years of age or over
- Must meet ONE of the financial requirements
- Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai Bank Account for 3 months prior to the visa application.
- Monthly income or pension of at least THB 65,000. An affidavit from the foreign embassy or consulate has to be obtained as proof of the income.
- Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the total of 800,000 THB
- you can have an amount in your Thai Bank Account and enough in income from pensions or other earnings and combine them .
Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:
- Updated bank book or passbook
- Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an oversea source for not less than 3 months.
- Other documents that may be required to be presented:*
- Police Clearance
- Medical Certificate
*Subject to change. Make sure to always contact your local consulate for updated rules for obtaining a visa.